Popular Posts

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Ready To POP!

It amazes me that I have a 20 year old daughter, yet I have never been an Aunt... Well, not until now that is! I was absolutely delighted when I found out my sister-in-law was pregnant, and immediately offered to help host her Baby Shower. This, of course, is the second large project (that I mentioned in last week's post) that I have been working on all summer.

Having a slight addiction to Pinterest does occasionally pay off, especially when looking for party/event planning idea's. After teaming up with my sister-in-law Regina, the theme we chose for this Baby Shower was "Ready To POP!"

Photos are courtesy of my dear friend Jacqueline

I eagerly put my new Cricut Expression 2 to work and, with my friend Megan graciously loaning me 2 of her Cricut Cartridges, made all the Baby Shower decorations myself. 


I designed each table centerpiece to be decorative, and ultimately become the prize of the main game.


We kept the guests entertained with our "Conversational Diapers" table:
 


Ken quizzing his sister with answers pre-given by her husband. Really fun!

And wish cards for the baby:

Continuing with "Ready To POP!" we made sure all of our food fit the theme too! We served "POPable Meatballs", "Caprese POPS", "Fruit POPS", "Cake POPS", "POPcorn", "POPular Cheeseballs", and "POP & Water". 





The guests loved the theme, and everyone had a wonderful time! It was definitely worth every minute of planning, and a lot of fun to see it all come together! 
Me with all 3 of my sisters-in-law, and my new niece!

Have you ever hosted a theme party? What is your favorite Baby Shower memory?


13 comments:

  1. Wonderful work ! Love the theme and the details on each decoration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks amazing!!! Must have been an awesome shower! :) I think I like the themed food best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Cindy! It all came out so beautiful!! Looks like everyone had fun, I hope your SIL got some great gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Megan! It was a lot of fun, and she did get a lot a great gifts!

    ReplyDelete