Popular Posts

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Not Enough Hours In A Day!

Many of you may have been wondering why my blog posts have been a bit more sporadic this past few months. The simple answer is: There just isn't enough hours in a day!

Two huge projects have been occupying every free minute of every day. One I will talk about today, and the other you will have to wait to hear about next week. So, what is the first big project that has consumed my life? Preparing to open my very own Etsy Shop! Welcome to Cinderley Designs & Boutique!

I came up with the name combining three elements: My first name, Cindy, my favorite princess, Cinderella, and my maternal family name, Curley. Cindy + Cinderella + Curley = Cinderley! Plus, I think it sounds pretty fantastic too! My whimsical logo/banner was designed by my very talented daughter, Corinne!

I decided to put my love of making pretty things out of ribbon to good use, and began avidly designing, sewing, gluing, and crafting my supply of ribbons into lovely hair bows.
 

 


I then began to play around with some simple fabric flower idea's, officially called "French Poufs"
 

 

I love the adorable simplicity of the french poufs, but I wanted to try my hand with a more elegant style of fabric flower hair clip. After two days (with the help of my sister-in-law Regina) I had enough fabric petals cut out to make several large and small "Shabby Chic" fabric flowers that I absolutely love!

 

 

I have also made lots of little bows for babies/toddlers, but I haven't had enough hours in my day to list them on my Etsy shop just yet. But, very soon they will be there!

I love craft making, and decorating, and event planning. It makes me so happy that I can do what I love and find a way to share it with the world! I would love to hear what you think, or let me know if you have any special requests! I still have one more big project underway, but after this coming weekend I will have much more "hours in my day" to make custom orders or requests! And just in case you missed the link at the top you can check out Cinderley Designs & Boutique here!

What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?



2 comments: